Puppy Life Skills Terms and Conditions
By making a booking, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and fully accept our terms and conditions as detailed below:
· When time allows before the first class, we will send you final information regarding your booking. This will confirm start date and give other information pertinent to your booking such as what to bring and what to do on arrival.
· It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they attend on the correct date, time and place for the classes according to the tutor’s instructions.
· Booking confirms your attendance for the six-week course. Please make every effort to attend each week. If you are unable to attend, please let your tutor know as soon as possible.
Fees and Prices:
· The full course fee must be paid in advance of joining the class by a method acceptable to your tutor. Failure to pay in a timely fashion may result in your place on the course being given to another client.
· Price advertised at time of booking applies.
. Classes are non-refundable.
Training Class Attendance:
· Our courses consist of 6 weekly classes, rather than a roll-on, roll-off programme, or random attendance. For optimum results, we hope that you will attend all the classes and complete the course.
· To make the most of the classes and achieve optimal results, many short daily training sessions at home are favourable to allow you and your puppy to practise the techniques and lessons prior to the next class.
· Only puppies under the age 6 months on the start date of the course will be accepted.
· Occasionally, we may find that a class environment does not suit a puppy or owner. Full discussion concerning the best way to proceed will be undertaken and this may result in us making alternative arrangements to assist you.
· We encourage children to attend our classes as we consider this to be in the best interest of all puppies attending. However, we cannot guarantee their presence at every class for the purposes of socialising the puppies present.
· All children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult who must agree to prevent them from disturbing the process of learning during the class. Tutors reserve the right to ask disruptive children not to attend future classes. Children under 5 years of age may attend only at the discretion of the tutor.
· We cannot guarantee the right mix of puppies on every course for any play to be safe. Consequently, puppy play may not occur in all classes.
· We make every effort to ensure safety of both clients and puppies during the classes. By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with puppies, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your puppy, and you agree to indemnify Ruff Dog Training for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you while attending the training classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
· Missed classes cannot be taken by joining another group run by the tutor at the appropriate time as there may not be spare places and it is disruptive to the other group to have an unfamiliar puppy join part-way through the course.
· Ruff Dog Training’s method of training relies heavily on rewards with food treats. Although we will have some treats available at the class, it is important to bring with you a supply of tasty, smelly food treats that your puppy will work hard for and is used to eating.
Training Class / Premises Rules:
· All puppies must remain on lead and kept away from contact with other puppies within the premises unless specifically instructed by the tutor.
· All instances of accident or injury must be reported to the tutor at the time they occurred.
· Well-fitted harnesses are permitted in class at the tutor’s discretion and may need to be removed during any puppy play. Please bring a suitable collar so you have an alternative to the harness.
· Flexi leads are not permitted in class to avoid injury to others.
· Head collars are not permitted in class to avoid injury to the puppy’s neck and to avoid distraction during training.
· The following items are NOT PERMITTED in Ruff Dog Training classes under any circumstances: choker chains and/or check chains of any description; electronic training collars including citronella; any other device that causes discomfort, pain or fear to the puppy; prong or pinch collars; any equipment that the trainer deems unacceptable.
· The use of physical force and punishment-based training techniques are not permitted in Ruff Dog Training classes.
Digital Materials, Video Footage and Recordings:
· All Ruff Dog Training online videos are the intellectual property of Ruff Dog Training and are not to be recorded or reproduced in any way. It is not appropriate to film tutors, other attendees, their families or their puppies either in classes without the other person’s permission.
· In sending any digital materials i.e. photographic images and/or videos to your tutor, you give permission for Ruff Dog Training to use these materials for teaching and marketing purposes.
Refunds and Cancellations:
· Because we operate our classes using a very low tutor:puppy ratio, refunds may not be given for any cancellations unless the place can be filled by another client. There are no exceptions. We may be able to transfer or defer your place to another course but this is at the discretion of the tutor and dependent on the age of your puppy at the start of the next available course. Failure to notify us of a cancellation within this time frame will result in no refund.
· Failure to attend a course that you have booked a place on, but not yet paid for, will result in a request for full payment, which you agree to be liable for.
· There will be no partial refunds for missed classes. All other cancellation and refund requests are at the discretion of the tutor and dependent on individual circumstances.